Frequently Asked Questions

1. Do you prescribe medication?

Yes. I prescribe medication to treat conditions such as AD/HD, Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disturbance, PTSD, and Depression.

- Go back to home page -

2. Do you offer counseling services and prescribe medication?

I offer only medication services at this time to ages 6 to 16 years of age or Kindergarten through 10th grade.

- Go back to home page -

3. What is your Specialty? Why only children at this time?

I specialize in the evaluation and treatment of children/adolescents who present with symptoms typically associated with the following medical conditions:

Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder
Bipolar Disorder
Major Depressive Disorders
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
Panic Disorder
Performance Anxiety
Oppositional defiant disorder

Medication offered for all conditions.

There are few providers who offer medication services to children and adolescents. For any questions about my work with children/adolescents, I work closely with Dr. Deobrah Thurber, child psychiatrist. She is highly respected in the Ventura County Area in the area of child psychiatry.

- Go back to home page -


4. Available appointment times?

Monday Not available
Tuesday Not available
Wednesday Not available
Thursday 1pm to 7 pm
Friday By special appointment
Saturday Not available

- Go back to home page -

5. What if I only want medication and not counseling?

Medication services only at this time.

- Go back to home page -

6. Do you accept insurance?


Blue Cross




If you have another insurance, you may want to ask your insurance representative about out-of-network coverage. The office does not take any responsibility with respect to whether or not your insurance carrier covers your expenses. Please contact your insurance carrier to review your coverage before you begin treatment (See policies).

- Go back to home page -

7. Payment Information?

Payment is due prior to the start of the appointment. Cash or check payment accepted for follow up appointments. No credit cards accepted on the day of the appointment. The initial appointment is cash only.

- Go back to home page -

8. Fees?

Click on this link: Fees and Payment. Payment is due prior to the start of the appointment.

- Go back to home page -

9. What if I miss my appointment?

If you do not cancel your appointment (24-hour notice), you can be billed the entire amount. (See policies).

- Go back to home page -

10. Do you offer Telepsychiatry?

Not at this time.


American Telemedicine Association

Association of Telehealth Service Providers

- Go back to home page -

11. What is a Nurse Practitioner?

Nurse practitioners have the authority to complete medical histories, perform physical examinations, order diagnostic tests, diagnose and order medications and treatments. Nurse practitioners maintain a consultative relationship with physicians (About Us).

What services do nurse practitioners offer?

  • Obtain medical histories and perform physical examinations.
  • Diagnose and treat acute health problems such as mental health disorders, infections and injuries.
  • Diagnose, treat, and monitor chronic diseases such as depression, anxiety, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
  • Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic studies such as lab work and x-rays.
  • Order medications and initiate treatment interventions.
  • Provide health maintenance care and annual physicals.
  • Collaborate with physicians and other health professionals as needed.

California Associations for Nurse Practitioners (

- Go back to home page -

12. What is a Clinical Psychologist?

California Psychological Association (

California Board of Psychology (

- Go back to home page -

13. Emergency 24-Hour Care?

If you require immediate attention, please call 911 or go to the hospital emergency department. If you need immediate assistance between the hours of 5pm-9am, you will need to call 911 or go the hospital emergency department, especially if you need immediate attention. I will, however, attempt to return your call as soon as possible.

- Go back to home page -

14. Request Medical Records and Request to Complete Forms?

You can request medical records by downloading the "Authorization for Release of Medical or Mental Health Information" form:

This request must be submitted with your signature via mail, fax or in person and cannot be submitted electronically.

FAX to: 888-958-5269

How much to have records sent to me or another provider or facility?

There is a fee of $25.00 to have a summary of records sent to another provider or agency.

If you request records for yourself, you will be sent a summary of your care for $25.00.

If you have subpoenaed your records, you are still expected to pay the $25.00. The records will be sent ASAP.


How long will it take to get my medical records?

Plan on 15 days for processing your request and 1 to 4 weeks for records to be sent to the identified location. If you have a deadline, please write it on your request and it will be reviewed.

Will you complete forms and write letters?

Yes. If I agree to complete a form, the service fee can range from $25.00 - $50.00 depending on the time required to complete the form or write the letter.

- Go back to home page -

15. Court Appearance?

If you wish to have me testify or appear in court for any reason, the fee is $1000.00 per day, irrespective of actual time at the court.

- Go back to home page -

16. Posting or reproduction or use of any of Dr. Bimbela's information for business purposes?

If you wish to post or use or reproduce any of Dr. Bimbela's personal or professional information, there is a monthly fee. Written authorization is required prior to posting information.

- Go back to home page -